Barn Cat Program
Seeking Country Home
We are looking for people who have a barn or a secure outdoor structure and are interested in
adopting cats that are not suitable for life inside a house. These cats are not tame enough for
adoption, but will thrive at a farm, horse stable or any other outdoor structures that can provide a
place away from the outdoor elements.
Each cat will be spayed/neutered, vaccinated, and has tested negative for Feline Leukemia and
FIV. These streetwise felines will gladly provide you with rodent services in payment for their room
and board. In return, your obligation would be to provide daily food and water, protection from the
elements, and vet care as needed.
Our Barn Cat Placement Program is for cats that are not adoptable into a home, but would happily
live in a barn or other secure outdoor structure. These cats generally fall under one of these
• Cats that were found as strays and may not be able to acclimate to indoor living.
• Cats that are shy/fearful of people and prefer the company of other animals.
Cats that are best suited to be indoor house pets will not be placed in our barn cat program. Kittens
will need to be at least 6 months of age.
Things to consider
Adopting a barn cat can help to save the life of a cat that may not have any other options. However
the care of a barn cat is still a responsibility. You will be assuming its lifelong care which may be as
much as 15-20 years. In return for providing shelter, food, water and medical care, your barn cat will
earn its keep by helping to control the rodent population in your barn.
What we ask of you
• To provide a warm, secure dry barn or building in which cats can live out their lives
• The ability to keep your new barn cats confined in their new environment for 4 weeks while they
acclimate to the barn and environment. • • We will guide you on how to do this properly.
• Cats will need daily food and water-cats cannot survive on hunting alone.
• Long term veterinary care as needed
What we will provide to you
• All cats will be spayed or neutered
• All cats will be vaccinated against distemper and rabies
• All cats will be treated for fleas and ear mites
• All cats will be tested for feline leukemia and FIV
• Guidance on how to correctly confine and release your new cat into its new home
Due to the nature of the program, we may not have suitable cats available immediately, but will try to
meet your request as soon as possible- typically 14 days. We may recommend that you adopt a pair
of cats if you have no other cats living in your barn. Filling out a barn cat adoption application is the
first step to adoption!
Adoption Fee: $50 for a pair, $60 for 3.